Reference #: ED.PRM.03102018-1
Salary Range: Competitive
Are you a Product Manager with Education IT experience?
Who are we?
Servelec are passionate about improving lives.
Like many of our customers, we want to feel that our work makes a positive difference. We are one of the UK’s leading Healthcare, Social Care and Education IT suppliers, providing meaningful solutions that are a critical part of delivering real and lasting change within the NHS and Local Government.
Servelec is looking for an Application Support Consultant with experience of providing excellent service to customers in the support of complex web based applications.
What will you be doing?
The Education product manager needs to establish and maintain a central role within the business, as de facto product authority: mediating between customer-facing and technology teams; championing the customer, while maintaining a sensible commercial head; addressing the tactical while planning for the strategic; and ensuring the optimal utilisation of resources to deliver a continuously sector-leading and profitable product.
You will maintain a strong product management function within the business, in order to provide both a de facto product authority and drive optimised growth.
You will ensure that Servelec’s education software product(s) maintains and indeed grows it’s sector leading success and profitability, by driving continued, cost-justified, tactical and strategic, and evidence-led product development.
Providing the central product role, providing day-to-day product leadership while balancing both tactical and strategic priorities as well as customer-facing and technology teams; all underpinned with strong, sensible and practical commercials.
Managing the full product lifecycle from concept through EOL of the suite of Education product(s), including defining and maintaining the product vision, product strategy, product roadmap and release plans.
Supporting and/or leading structured customer engagement to capture and prioritise needs as well as validate hypotheses.
Leading the identification, evaluation, and prioritisation of tactical and strategic initiatives, captured from across the business, including but not limited to: structured and unstructured customer engagement, internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, technology, customer support) and desk-based research.
Managing a team of Product Owners and Business Analysts to document requirements in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner, and support their delivery and launch through the development process. Owning the requirements accuracy, quality and outcomes.
Working closely with the development team to prioritise projects, plan, development, and deliver three releases a year.
Owning the user experience (UI/UX) across the product.
Generating content for such things as collateral, presentations and sales training, about road maps, releases and propositions.
Supporting tenders, project cost quotations, tender responses, events, and key sales presentations.
Advocating for the Servelec products through user groups, workshops and sales events.
Spending quality structured and unstructured time with customers, championing the product, understanding their challenges, and validating your work.
Identifying, evaluating and managing any strategic partnerships.
Championing Education in the wider corporate strategy of integration across education, health and social care, ensuring optimal and timely proposition development.
Stepping in and rolling up your sleeves when necessary to document requirements, solve problems, appease customers, support presentations or tenders, unblock obstacles, and/or anything else that is need to make your product a success.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Leading the concept, planning, development, launch and growth of software related products and services.
- Working within the public sector, ideally within Education, and preferably with education administration users.
- Leading market, customer/user and competitive research and analysis.
- Writing sensible, clear and well rationalised business cases.
- Documenting specifications for the development of software.
- Effectively communicating complex ideas to senior management, colleagues and subordinates, respectively.
- Successfully, presenting complex ideas to varied levels of customers (e.g. technology support, decision-makers, users).
- Developing and managing successful relationships with strategic partners.
- Stakeholder management.
- Managing teams of both virtual/cross-functional and direct reports.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
What are you like?
- Passionately customer-centric but with strong business acumen.
- Driven to solve problems and do things better, faster and/or more cost-effectively.
- Excellent English spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and balance workloads, manage-expectations, take initiatives and lead from the front and by example.
- Details-oriented, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Minimum University degree, or equivalent experience.
If this sounds like you then apply today!
What will you get in return?
A great office to work in, great people to work with as well as a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply for this position