Reference #: HC.IOL.20092018-1
Salary Range: Up to £70,000.00
Interoperability Lead is a new role for our HSC (Healthcare, Social Care & Education) business, this is an exciting opportunity.
What will you be doing?
This is an outward facing role for an individual who will lead the development of the Servelec HSC interoperability strategy and work closely with existing clients across all care settings in supporting them with the realisation their interoperability projects.
As an evangelist for all things interoperable, this person will be able to visualise interoperability opportunities alongside clients often where the client’s needs are vague or not well understood.
An important aspect of this role is to turn paper solutions into reality and therefore the ability to commercialise and secure each opportunity is vital, working alongside existing account management teams.
- To ensure that Servelec’s interoperability strategy is in line with the needs of the NHS, Social Care & Education. Monitoring trends and changes in our marketplace to ensure we keep pace with the latest thinking and strategies.
- To turn client interoperability challenges into clear opportunities bringing measurable financial benefit to Servelec.
- To ensure that Servelec is seen as a key promoter of interoperability and to work externally and across the client base establishing our profile as leaders in this area.
- To follow leads from the sales team focusing on helping all clients to visualise their interoperability goals by designing solutions, using our tools, which bring their projects to fruition.
- To maximise our interoperability opportunities and ensure that clients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Forming relationships across the client base, regulatory bodies (such as NHS Digital) and other third parties to ensure that Servelec maintains an active presence and pro-active approach to this subject.
- Identify, document and commercially secure interoperability opportunities within the client base.
- Develop relationships with government and third party organisations (NHS Digital, STPs, LHCREs) to ensure Servelec is at the forefront of interoperability.
- Document opportunities for Servelec to sell interoperability services throughout the client base.
- Work with Development and Architecture team to define new APIs and features for Conexes platform.
- Work on partnership programme definition and establishment with sales teams within HSC.
- Report on opportunities each month – status, progress, next steps, value.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- An excellent understanding of interoperability techniques and current standards.
- Experience with business cases justification with NHS and public sector bodies, including concepts such as Information Governance and Consent.
- Significant experience in the creation of specifications to describe the functional, technical and benefits of interoperability projects.
- Considerable experience of presenting ideas and concepts to clients covering a variety of user types – operational, technical, clinical etc.
- Considerable experience of engaging board level stakeholders internally and at customer organisations.
- University degree or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of the use of IT in an NHS & public-sector environment
- A passion to be instrumental in the delivery of interoperability solutions within Health, Social Care & Education.
- Excellent communication skills; spoken and written.
- Strong customer focus but business minded, ability to identify new opportunities for product sales and new markets.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload
- Accurate, dynamic and tenacious.
- Confident and pro-active with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Location: Sheffield with travel to all areas of the UK
If this sounds like you then what are you waiting for?
Competitive Basic Salary subject to the successful candidate’s know-how, skills and expertise. We offer a great work environment plus a generous package available from day one, including 25 days’ holiday + 8 Bank Holidays, contributory pension, life insurance, flexible working, childcare vouchers and the cycle to work scheme.
Servelec is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.Apply for this position